October 23, 2005

Carry on regardless...

I know that people other than me are reading this blog because I have a site meter. As nobody seems moved enough (other than SG) to leave a comment I'm now coming to accept the fact that the people who are reading this blog have stumbled upon it by accident when searching for something more interesting.

I've been reading other blogs, and have been slightly overcome by feelings of blog envy and inferiority, but have decided that I shall carry on regardless because the alternative is to bottle all of this up and to someday be the subject of a true crime drama on Channel Five.

My thoughts of the day are thus:

1. What genetic quirk enabled the Bedingfield family to have such a strange metallic tone to their singing voices, and is this being seriously studied by geneticists in an attempt to prevent it in future generations?
2. Is KT Tunstall paying royalties to "Rainbow" for ripping off their theme tune when writing "Suddenly I See"?
3. Why do I still feel an overwhelming urge to pinch Paul Mercurio's bum at the end of "Strictly Ballroom"? (when he's wearing those tight fitting trousers for the Paso Doble)
4. What is the problem that Chenia (or whatever her name is) on X-Factor has with pronouncing her consonants?
5. Are gold shoes, American tan tights, coral lipstick and a lack of spacial awareness when manouevring a shopping trolley related to reaching a specific age or reaching a certain lack of hormones? (I've been to Asda today by the way)
6. Is it wrong to go to a specific supermarket on the other side of town just because they sell your cider of choice in 2 pint bottles?
7. Why do I currently need/covet 101 different things, but cannot remember a single one when asked to draw up a Christmas list?

13 Comments:

At 8:18 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

first things first: paul mercurio's bottom

is that not the most wonderful moment in movie history when he slides slo-mo onto the dancefloor to meet fran? it is also the only acceptable usage of slo-mo as a cinematic technique that i have ever seen in my decades of cinema-going

as for pinching his behind: i fancy it might be rather steely - let's consider that he worked out A LOT for that film - there's not going to be a lot to sink your fingers into, is there?

that said: your urge is entirely understandable (not to mention admirable)

actually, that's all i have to say (but i also hear you with the christmas gift ideas - i am berated on an annual basis by my MIL for this reason)

p.s. chill already! have you not seen that other film, in which the lead character utters those immortal words: if you blog it, they will come? no-one commented on my blog for MONTHS and then i started creating new personas for myself and leaving comments to make myself look popular - i feel sure you wouldn't stoop to sch a pathetic level

p.p.s. do you know, i think this is the longest comment i've ever left on a post? oo-ee

 
At 9:26 am, Blogger surly girl said...

uc - did you really do that?! even i've never* done that.

*well i did once but we don't talk about that.

 
At 10:17 am, Blogger surly girl said...

oh, and kc? thanks for that. i now have a weird mix of ms tunstall and the rainbow theme going round in my head.

 
At 11:08 am, Blogger Kellycat said...

UC - It may a bum of steel, but I still want to pinch it just to make sure. For scientific purposes obviously. And the only reason I'm watching Strictly Come Dancing is to see if anybody mentions the correct way to do a Bogo-Pogo.

SG - "Up above the streets and houses, like she's born in black and white..."

 
At 11:22 am, Blogger surly girl said...

tunstall has been identified as having an alliance to the cullum-melua axis of evil. melua sparked a massive rant on friday night during which the other half looked on, slightly panicky, as i spat and fumed and went grrrrr.

 
At 12:49 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

SG: of course i didn't*, i was just trying to make kellycat feel better since she is so very unpopular and all

* well maybe just the thrice then, but i just went as 'anonymous' - hell, those posts were LONELY!!

KC: i'm not sure about the bogo-pogo either, but i would like a copy of the 'dance to win' video - don't suppose you have one...?

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

Can't stand Louis Walsh but do love the way he makes Melua rhyme with manure.

UC - don't have a copy of the video, but if you do find anyone that has a copy, please can they forward it to Fiona Phillips?

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger Meegan said...

Hi Kellycat,

Well, I'M moved to leave a comment on your blog -- thanks for visiting mine so that I could find you! I so know what you mean about #7! Also, what the heck are American tan tights? (Just curious.) I'm going to add you to my links...I'll be back!

 
At 3:00 pm, Blogger Meegan said...

P.S. I am laughing out loud at Urban Chick. The secret is out!

 
At 11:52 am, Blogger Kellycat said...

Meegan - American Tan tights are pantyhose which tend to be of a rather high denier, and have a strange colour. The colour is supposed to be on the darker side of "natural" but is actually orange (think of Donatella Versace). "American Tan" is the name given to them by the manufacturers. They are universally worn by "mature" ladies (and drag queens).

 
At 4:52 am, Blogger Meegan said...

A-ha. Why am I not surprised that these are associated with both Donatella AND drag queens? Perhaps because they are one and the same.

 
At 7:19 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

If only I had known about KT Tunstall - if only I had visited your site on Monday. The woes.

"American Tan" is just called tan here.

I am enjoying your blog. Must link, and I really don't link that lightly.

 
At 4:56 am, Blogger Shiny Blue Black said...

For all you lovely misguided ladies, I really must say..

Paul Mecurio, Australianer, is now quite "cuddly". If you get my drift.

I think Mr. M has not worn out a pair of dance shoes in the years since SB.

Sad but true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home