March 18, 2006

Jetlag

I'm back then.

I was going to do a nice post about the fact that my tan is already falling off, and how I'm having to use cocoa butter body butter to glue bits of my tan back on, and how I've put 5lb in weight back on and I'm dreading the car crash that my desk and email inbox will be when I return to work on Monday etc etc but as stat counter and my comments show that nobody missed me at all I shan't.

Instead I am going to have a hissy fit and tell you that over the last couple of weeks I have visited some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, walked through lush rainforest and stood in a caldera surrounded by hot springs. I have seen enough dolphins and flying fish to be able to say "Oh, look - flying fish" with an impressive combination of sarcasm and ennui.

I've discovered that, contrary to my previous convictions, a spanish omelette baguette is not the world's best hangover cure. Instead that honour (previously held by cheesy Wotsits and chocolate buttons) goes to the humble potato roti, combining as it does pancake, potato and most importantly, curry.

I have also surprised myself today, because having gone against the laws of fighting jetlag and had a couple of hours sleep when I got home yesterday morning I fully expected to be wide awake at 4.30 this morning. Instead Duck and I slept for a full 13 hours last night, only being woken because his mum phoned. You don't normally get the tsetse fly in the Caribbean do you?

Anyway, I've had a bloody fantastic holiday, an experience which has been enhanced by the shitty weather in Britain while I've been away. Only 16 weeks to go to the next one...

Cheers.

12 Comments:

At 12:54 pm, Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

* seethes with jealousy at fantastic holiday *

Hmmph. Glad you're back, I s'pose...

 
At 4:56 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

hmph

I've been having a horrible time while you were away.

Which island was it? Sounds absolutely wonderful

 
At 7:52 pm, Blogger surly girl said...

hello! looking forward to a catching-up rant at work tomorrow. have i mentioned that i'm moving on friday and panicking about it?

 
At 12:07 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

*wyndham clamps his hands over his ears*

lalalalalalalalnotlisteninglalalalalnotlisteninglalalalal

 
At 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am absurdly jealous and will now proceed to stomp 'round the room to show it.

:Stomping.

 
At 9:04 am, Blogger Spinsterella said...

Curry for breakfast is the answer to everything.

 
At 3:36 pm, Blogger Lee said...

Welcome back, poppet!

Now, tales of glorious holiday affairs with hotel staff, please.

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

Excuse me, but I'm a happily unmarried woman.

My years of "shenanigans" are long past.

However, YOU would have liked "Gayest Man in the Caribbean". He was a nightclub dancer in obscenely tight trousers and he had a look of pure rapture on his face at all times. You just know that that was all he wanted to do when he grew up. I felt so happy for him.

 
At 6:55 pm, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

Welcome back. Hope work is going easy on you this week (employers should introduce half-hours for people returning from holidays to let them settle back into the swing of things..)

 
At 10:30 pm, Blogger frangelita said...

What they said. Just close your eyes every now and again and picture that beach...

 
At 4:20 am, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

oh kellycat-I missed you!! So happy you're back with us ♥

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

all right you lazy bum-lets hear more about your adventures!!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home