February 01, 2006

Strop

I am fucking pissed off.

I had a dentist's appointment at 5.25 today. As I can't get registered with a NHS dentist where I live, I still go to my childhood practice which is about ten miles away. The problem is that I don't drive* so I have to rely on public transport to get me there. A bus leaves for the village where the practice is not far from where I work, so I left work early to catch the 5.02 bus, which should have got me there at 5.17. Except it didn't. It finally arrived at the bus stop, where I had arrived 10 minutes early, at 5.17. I got on the bus, paid an extortionate fare for a return ticket and decided to call the practice to let them know that I was running a little late. Apparently, I was the last appointment off the day, so I would have to reschedule as they couldn't possibly see me today. At which point I burst into tears, in public, on a bus of increasingly scared passengers. I had now spent nearly half an hour in the bitter cold waiting for a bus which was taking me somewhere I didn't need or want to be, and where I knew I would have at least another half an hour wait to be able to get a bus home from.

So I did what any self-respecting 27 year old independant female would do and phoned my dad. Fortunately, my dad works near the dentists so agreed to come and pick me up and take me home again.

This was on top of last night's disaster when I decided to make myself some ovaltine before going to bed. As I was stirring the ovaltine, the mug it was in decided that now was a good time to fall apart and cover me and my kitchen in a malted chocolate drink. So instead of going to bed, I spent an hour cleaning out all of the drawers it had seaped into, washing up their contents, and mopping the floor. I am not ashamed to say that, hormonal as I am at the moment, I burst into tears then as well.

Am now home, still freezing cold and am drinking lager for dinner. Because I bloody well feel like it.

*I know that many of you will think that criminal but I'm in too much of a foul mood to justify myself.

13 Comments:

At 8:01 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

oh dear. *wraps warm quilt around kellycat*

that totally sucks!

I can't believe your dentis couldn't take you 15 minutes late. Bite them!

 
At 8:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh noooooooo.

Would also burst into tears over Ovaltine incident. But good of you to clear up the mess right then as it would only have gotten worse over time.

Rotten mean dentist.

 
At 7:01 am, Blogger CyberPete said...

Awwww I think someone needs a hug. Where is Other Half in this Ovaltine disaster?

I would
a) sit down on the floor, back against the wall and cry my eyes out

or

b) Sod it, Other Half will have to do something about it tomorrow.

 
At 7:28 am, Blogger MinCat said...

*hug* god i HATE when these things happen. sodding hormones.

 
At 10:12 am, Blogger Donna said...

Blinkin 'eck ... Fucking mug ... smash it to pieces .. oh, too late.

I'd have phoned my Dad too, and I would have cried (which i really prefer not to do in front of Dad, or bus load of strangers) too.

Are you feeling more buoyant today?

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger Kellycat said...

I wouldn't say buoyant, but slightly less volatile, yes.

Thank you.

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger surly girl said...

while we're on the subject, i can vouch for Other Half - he was at home with me. i don't know where duck was though...

 
At 11:10 am, Blogger Kellycat said...

We're used to Filipinos thinking Surly and I are the same person but not Danes...

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger Lee said...

Hope you're feeling better, hon.

 
At 5:23 pm, Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

Yes, I was lurking just now.

I couldn't think what to say, then read Lee's comment and now that's all I can think of to say.

So: Hope you're feeling better (not very good at "hon", "love", "babe" etc - just makes me sound like I have emotions).

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Ovaltine - I thought you had to be, what, 67 to drink that. I must have some now!

 
At 11:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody dentists. Arsing pissy bus services. Shite mugs. I'd probably blub too, so am echoing most of the sentiments featured above, and am going with sympathy love, that sucks.

 
At 2:59 am, Blogger Meegan said...

You did the right thing! Liquid dinners always cheer me up. Hope you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home