February 10, 2006

Good morning!

We're coming to you from Bland Provincial Dance Station FM, where the listener’s irrelevant!

This is Jay’s Breastfast Show with the We Once Worked in Student Radio Posse. I call myself Jay cos it’s “street”, but my mum calls me Julian. The Posse are with me all morning, as they cost less than paying for canned laughter.

Coming up on this morning’s show, we’ve a competition for those who don’t have a full time job to call in try to win buy one get one free vouchers on Bacardi Breezers at Slag! nightclub by correctly identifying which two celebrities are making this noise together. Before that you get the chance to listen to me and the Posse dissect and discuss today’s news headlines, by incisively commenting on how “bonkers” everything is.

But first, we have a wicked tune from a Belgian dance maestro who’s cleverly remixed a track that sold only three copies in the eighties by putting a dance beat to it. We only played it half an hour ago, but we know you won’t notice.

Check it out!

13 Comments:

At 7:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...American radio: very similar.

I swear, prank phone calls on air are not actually funny. But DJs do not appear to know this.

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger Fuckkit said...

Local radio?

 
At 5:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've nailed that formula! Fabulous.

 
At 7:59 pm, Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

Yet another reason for not flailing around with the tuner. Slag! nightclub sounds frightful.

 
At 4:10 pm, Blogger Steve said...

Ah local radio . . .

I listen to Clyde FM every now and then just to remind me how crap it is!

 
At 12:15 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Local radio is shite, all of it. But then I'm biased.

 
At 12:15 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Local radio is shite, all of it. But then I'm biased.

 
At 12:15 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Local radio is shite, all of it. But then I'm biased.

 
At 9:38 pm, Blogger surly girl said...

wyndham - you really are quite biased, aren't you?

 
At 12:36 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Surly - I am. Twofold.

 
At 10:26 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

are you taking the mick out of my beloved magic 105.4?

p.s. i've been a victim of an 'amusing' radio prank by a radio station somewhere in america...the person on the other end of the phone was supposedly britney spears and, for various inexplicable reasons, i had to be polite and was therefore unable to tell her to f*ck off

 
At 10:48 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

kellycat...♥
Hope you and duck are looking for nails hahahahaha :-)

 
At 8:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you by any chance talking about DJ Günthers version of Samantha Fox' 'Touch me' ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home