April 21, 2006

The perfect crime...

There was an article on the BBC website today about the British culture of not disclosing our salaries. I for one am quite happy to disclose exactly what I am paid* but apparently in Norway, everyone can view everyone else’s tax returns online. However, it does not make the Norwegian press if a famous person is arrested. The BBC invited peoples comments, and I have felt moved to share this one with you:

Let's all go to Norway, look at who is the richest (or most famous....?) and try to rob them, then if you get caught they won't broadcast to everyone else who it was! Now that's democracy!
Robert, Belfast

Is it wrong to like this man’s way of thinking?

BTW, have you noticed that I have managed to mention the BBC without once referring to Ben Ando? Dammit.

*Peanuts.

7 Comments:

At 4:01 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

who's Ben Ando?

 
At 5:14 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

BBC reporter of "Can you hear the drums Ben Ando?" fame. He got the Cherie Blair hairgate story this morning.

Have you read any of my previous posts?

 
At 2:09 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

but of course, and I always end up thinking, "Who is Ben Ando?"

Is he worth turning the tv on for? I only watch Desperate Housewives and I haven't seen him on that as far as I'm aware.

 
At 12:15 am, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

how many peanuts?

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

am i right in thinking mr ando is rather lacking in the hair department himself though?

me, i'm more of a mark mardell kind of a gal

 
At 12:57 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Famous Norwegians - well, there was that chap who beat Scott to the Antarctic.

Hmmmm.

Bear with me here.


Hmmmm.

 
At 3:13 am, Blogger M said...

Wow. I like my tax return to be anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home