November 09, 2005

Come the revolution...

One of the reasons why I hate people is because of their general stupidity.

I am currently running a prize draw, with the prize being the chance to attend an event to celebrate a new ship entering service for a cruise line. I have had a number of entries (not just one) from people who have consciously put a note on their application to say that they will be on holiday on the date of the event, and therefore in another part of the world. As you blatantly won’t be able to attend, why have you still completed the application form, put it in an envelope, written the address on the envelope, bought a stamp, affixed the stamp to the envelope and put the whole thing in a post box? Why? Even if you won, you couldn’t attend, so why have you bothered? What were you hoping to achieve?

I have also received a letter of complaint from a man living in the East Midlands, stating that because the event is in Dover, we are discriminating against those who don’t live in the South East. I have spent the best part of a day trying to word a letter of response that is not dripping in sarcasm. As the event is on a cruise ship, where on earth was he expecting it to be held? Melton Mowbray? Mansfield? Derby?

On a different note, blue toes are obviously de rigueur for this season’s Christmas parties, as all of the shops are full of sparkly stiletto sandals. Is the fashion world assuming that we will all be driven to our party destinations in a climate controlled limo? I’m not after fur-lined boots, just something with a closed-in toe. I’ve a church wedding to go to on 30th December, god dammit, and I can’t be sitting there in sandals.

(Is it obvious that I’m hormonal, or do you think I’ve got away with it?)

5 Comments:

At 11:47 am, Blogger Urban Chick said...

wot? not melton-mowbray-sur-mer?

but goodness, i hear you with the shoe thing: toe-peeping is absolutely no-can-do for me at the best of times, but in midwinter? uh-uh

 
At 11:16 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

Oooooh, I love New Year weddings. So much opportunity for faux fur to be affixed to wedding and bridesmaids' dresses.

It pains me, the stupidity of the contest enterers, as usually I just attribute the stupidity of people to not thinking. But those people had to not think VERY hard.

 
At 11:43 pm, Blogger Meegan said...

"One of the reasons why I hate people is because of their general stupidity."

You have just written what will become my mantra. I've never seen all that I am summed up so succinctly. I have got to get bumper stickers made of this.

 
At 8:56 am, Blogger Kellycat said...

There are hundreds of other reasons why I hate people, but that was this week's particular reason.

Did see a "Baby on Board" type sticker on the way to work today, which read "Ex Husband in Boot" which I quite liked.

Whinger - nice to have you back. How where the jaffa cakes?

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

Jaffa cakes were fantastic - thanks for asking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home