December 12, 2005

The Emancipation of Mickey

I get a lift to work each day with my boss. We normally listen to Radio 1, but occasionally I am subjected to something from her CD collection. Kelly Clarkson I can cope with, because she’s just bland, rather than outright offensive. Today, however, it was Mickey Carey (those are NOT lady’s hands).

I thought I’d be able to get through it by devising a distraction technique, such as counting the number of overly dramatic key changes.

I was wrong.

I started giving lorry drivers pleading looks in the hope that they’d read my mind and swerve into us.

I arrived at work with a pounding headache, due to my cold, having to listen to excessive warbling, and from grinding my teeth so hard.

Am now in a foul mood. Considering walking the seven miles home tonight.

Ten “Musical Artistes/Acts” that make my teeth itch:

Mickey Carey.
Black Eyed Peas
Sean Paul
Gwen Stefani
G4
Pussycat Dolls
Katie Melua
Jamie Cullum
Celine Dion
Rachel Stevens


There are many, many, many others, but I’m trying to be concise. I am now going to be annoying* and tag Surly, Whinger and Great She Elephant for theirs.

*Don’t argue as I’m off my tits on Day Nurse and no longer feel pain or fear.

6 Comments:

At 1:54 pm, Blogger the Beep said...

James Blunt knocks Gwen Stefani off. As it were. The offspring would be horrid (and indeed, The Offspring are horrid too). The rest are unimpeachable. You have great bad taste.

Ooooh, what about that chap from X-factor. Steve Brookstein (?). Bet you'd forgotten him.

Oh, and Westlife (I'm warming to it now). I've been known to dive across the sofa to hit the off button when they come on. Backstreet Boys, Blue etc...

 
At 3:59 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

and what considerable tits they are

ducks

 
At 4:40 pm, Blogger CyberPete said...

I can't believe you don't like Rachel Stevens. Anyway as the beep mentioned you forgot about James Blunt bleugh

 
At 4:55 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

I didn't say it was a definitive list.

Don't like Rachel Stevens because she can't sing, she's a complete princess and the only reason she has a career is because blokes like my boyfriend fancy here.

See also Holly Valance.

 
At 7:03 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

I, too, have been left with mouth agape at the popularity of the Black Eyed Peas. Such a strange phenomenon.

Assignment completed, and I also chose Celine without checking here first for fear of being unduly influenced.

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

MC's hands are certainly strange. They seem to be bigger than her head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home