December 06, 2005

Random musings

Duck has a subscription to Men’s Health. Or rather I should say, Duck forgot to cancel his subscription to Men’s Health after the free trial, which means that we still get to laugh at the rubbish sex tips every month.

The January issue arrived yesterday, with the front cover already out of date, proclaiming as it does “Learn from my mistakes with George Best”. One of the questions in the interview was “What do you think you’ll be remembered for?” George claimed that it would be for his footballing genius and hopefully, “not for all the other shit”. George, were you really so deluded as to expect that the media coverage following your death would not mention the complete hash you made of your life?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has occurred to me that my strapline could be open to misinterpretation. May I categorically state that it is too many hormones and not enough handbags, and that I am not the one who failed to get into the Pussycat Dolls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I request that you go here and vote for Surly (for a blog award, not for president – we haven’t got to that part of the “plan” yet).

9 Comments:

At 12:33 pm, Blogger Lee said...

This... 'plan'. Does it involve lots of chocolate, please?

 
At 3:41 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

I couldn't possibly comment (although it will obviously play a role, so yes)

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger Lee said...

Good. Make it soon - I'm peckish.

:)

 
At 4:22 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

I hope the plan also involves plenty of massages for all. Unless some would prefer facials.

 
At 4:48 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

The plan involves getting Surly elected as president on her own manifesto, before I take over in a coup and install my own totalitarian dictatorship, prmoting my own personality cult.

Oops, did I just say that out loud?

 
At 7:51 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

i'll vote for SG provided she gives me a place in the cabinet*

* and not the welsh dresser

OBVIOUSLY

 
At 9:48 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

yay, dunnit. Go, Surly

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

Good God, I've just looked at what Surly is up against - it's a bunch of born again right wing freaks. Definitely vote Surly and often!

 
At 5:33 am, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Your strapline is perfectly clear-not to worry kellycat. What woman is going to complain about having too many handbags and not enough hormones. ...oh, I see what you're getting at.

off to vote for sg. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home