May 04, 2006

Move along. Nothing to see here...

No really. There isn't.

I have absolutely nothing to post.

I have no pets or children with which to regale you with cute anecdotes and post Hallmark-like photos.

I have a deadly uninteresting job. I spend most of my day swearing under my breath, phoning IT to complain, and receiving either abuse from customers, or completely inane enquiries that they could have answered themselves if they just took two seconds to think about it, or read the bloody literature I'd already sent them.

You know sometimes when you think you see something out of the corner of your eye, but when you turn there's nothing there? That's my social life. * I do play football occasionally, and I do go to salsa classes twice a week, but even my dance partner has buggered off to a more exciting life in Bermuda for three months.

Having said that, I am going to a wedding reception tomorrow night. Please can you join me in sending prayers to the flat-stomach fairy as I'm already starting to get a bit nervous about the dress I'm wearing and I haven't even begin to contemplate the-beautiful-blue-shoes-that-are-far-too-high-for-me-and-I'm-going-to-be-unable-to-walk-in. Still.

Oh, and I need to do some copywriting tonight, so if anyone has anything interesting to share with me about Lima, do chip in.

As you were.

*No, there! See? No, you missed it again.

10 Comments:

At 10:00 pm, Blogger frangelita said...

It's the capital of the Peru and it's very hot.

As will you be at the wedding reception;-) Don't worry about the shoes, they'll be fab, just make sure you're good and sloshed before you go.

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

even when you post and say you have nothing to say, its still funny and interesting. I like the way you write.
tell us more about Salsa please!

 
At 2:59 pm, Blogger claire said...

Wow - that sounds an awful lot like my social life. Except for the dancing and sports.

Mine involves the TV. I am More un-interesting.

 
At 7:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope the wedding reception was good fun.
There is very little that is more awful than a boring wedding reception.

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Spinsterella said...

It's in Peru.

I think it has llamas.

Um, that's about all I know..

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger frangelita said...

Get yo' ass back here and write something. Anything. That's an order.

 
At 3:18 pm, Blogger Liz said...

You think Lima's bad. I've spent every evening this week writing about spray paint.

 
At 11:37 pm, Blogger Meegan said...

Hey, wedding receptions are fun and social. And after a few drinks, you won't care how flat your stomach is/isn't. Have fun!

 
At 7:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Llamas maybe, but I thought Peru was Alpacas... Either way you can shave them and warm yourself.

Oh, and Machu Picchu which I know nothing about except that people expect you to ooh and ahh when they tell you they just visited there.

Chilligan

 
At 4:09 pm, Blogger CyberPete said...

Hope you survived the shoes. A trick is to just walk with confidence. Then if you fall, and you rarely do, you look very dignified doing it.

I remember running down the hall in my mums illfitting black stilettos many years ago (yeah right years ago...) and I only sprained my ankle once from doing so. A bit tricky to explain to your conservative parents though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home