August 16, 2006

Here I go again...

Even though I've still been lurking and commenting on other blogs on a daily basis, I gave up posting anything myself a few months ago because I felt as if it has become a chore. I was so busy at work and at home, that by the time I had a chance to sit down and post, whatever I wanted to say no longer seemed relevant.

The reason why I started blogging in the first place was so that I had a way of getting everything out of my system. As my health has been more and more erratic of late, and my job satisfaction had dwindled to new lows, I've become more and more surly and blogging has began to look attractive all over again. I've been considering posting again for weeks, but the longer I left it, the harder it's been.

I decided to sit down tonight and make a start, by just tidying up my blogroll. Which lead to perhaps changing the template (the pink seems to have been growing in intensity and I was starting to feel nauseous) to perhaps just drafting an opening post - just to ease myself back into it...

I know the few readers I had have buggered off ages ago, although sitemeter tells me that I'm still getting a lot of traffic from the Ben Ando faction (Rhona - if you're reading - please have a word with him about the chin-fluff. They're never going to give him an important story while he's got that). However, blogging is for me to vent my spleen and if nobody reads or comments, well that's fine by me.* Well, at least I can say I have a hobby...

*I don't mean that. Please comment. Please. I'm just trying to put on a brave face. I need you.

8 Comments:

At 2:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of the regular bods who turns up here, hoping that you've re emerged... I don't know how to say that I'm glad you're back to blogging, without at the same time saying "it's good you're feeling so rotten". I hope you stop feeling low but that the blogging will continue.

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Welcome back, I currently rent the headspace you've just vacated, as you know. And you've done the old place, looks very nice!

 
At 12:14 am, Blogger tony said...

Welcome Back.

 
At 1:02 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

yo!

from one who did not bugger orf but checked in regularly for signs of life

 
At 7:23 pm, Blogger frangelita said...

Yay, you're back! All the obsessive checking, followed by tutting and headshaking when you're not here, has finally paid off!

By the way, love the new decor, very fresh and cool. That's not to say I don't like pink, mind. Cos I do.

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger Liz said...

Excellent! You're back!

I am soothed and made to feel chilled by the new colour scheme.

Really sorry you're feeling grotty. It's also disconcertingly hard getting back into the saddle after a break from blogging; I took July off, and it was very difficult getting started again. So well done, hooray, and it's delightful to see you back again. Yay!

 
At 5:15 pm, Blogger KAZ said...

'More and more surly' sounds OK to me.
Look forward to the next episode.

 
At 10:39 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Yay!! I'm been checking periodically, ever hopeful that you'd come back.
Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home