November 11, 2005

The weekend starts here...

I’m so looking forward to this weekend. “Why Kellycat?” I hear you ask (all three of you). “Is it because you’re still in your twenties, and are therefore going to be lurching from bar to club to kebab shop to taxi rank in a pair of ill advised stilettos, no coat, and something glittery on your face? Will you be, as the kids say, larging it?”

No. I’m looking forward to this weekend because I have NOTHING planned. Therefore I have the luxury of doing NOTHING. Mostly in my comfiest pyjamas. While Duck is at the pub tonight, I will be sat on the sofa, with a fleece blanket, Sky+ and a microwave Chinese from M&S, which will be followed by a steamed chocolate pudding and custard, and washed down with a bottle of Pinot Grigio.

I know when I have kids I will look back at such weekends as a wasted opportunity, but until the smoking ban comes into effect, and they introduce a law which says that every pub and club must provide seating and a toilet cubicle for every customer, I really need to be motivated to brave a town centre on a Friday or Saturday night.

That said, I might be going out with Surly Girl next Friday night, which will probably make up for a month or so on the sofa….

6 Comments:

At 3:56 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

I bet when you have children, you'll just long for the nights when you could eat your meals warm and alone, so no worries there.

Am jealous of your evening.

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger Imogen said...

I'm having a very similar evening! But you've beaten me on the ready meal stakes- mines from Sainsburys...

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger Meegan said...

I agree, sometimes staying in and being lazy makes for the perfect evening.

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger Lee said...

> "Will you be, as the kids say, larging it?”

Oh bless you for making me snort my Pinot Grigio.

 
At 5:48 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

"I know when I have kids I will look back at such weekends as a wasted opportunity"

when you have kids, you will say: what did we used to do on a saturday night? you will then have an attack of false memory syndrome and decide that you had exhausted yourselves 'larging it' and sigh deeply with relief that you now have a fabulous excuse to stay in, with fleece blanket, M&S take-out and sky plus

(as i do/have)

 
At 8:25 pm, Blogger surly girl said...

staying in rocks, as you will find out next friday. i recommend a takeaway, a great deal of wine and some very un-taxing films. we will almost certainly eat chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home