December 13, 2005

Hmmph

I am having a sulk. Girl Best Friend , Halfpint, emailed Boy Best Friend, JM this morning to find out what he was up to over Christmas, as the three of us all now live in different parts of the country and don’t get to see each other as much. Halfpint forwarded me JM’s reply, which is how I found out that JM has got married.

I have known JM for 13 years, and he has been a Best Friend of Halfpint and I for 11 years. JM is notoriously bad at keeping in touch. This can be very frustrating as he is in the army, and Halfpint and I are always having kittens as to which part of the world he is currently risking his life in. Therefore it’s a few months since JM has been in touch with me, but when we last spoke, he told me he was getting married in Somerset at the end of April. Duck and I pencilled that in for a long weekend, and I naturally started to think about what I was going to wear.

I am therefore very upset that he has gone and got married without even telling Halfpint or I. I understand that, with the nature of his job, there may be a very good reason why the wedding was suddenly brought forward (and I’m now also worried he is about to be posted somewhere nasty again). However, I can’t help feeling that he could have at least contacted Halfpint and I to let us know that there was a change of plan, even if he wasn’t in a position to invite us.

I appreciate that it’s probably different for Halfpint and I because we’ve know each other longer and we’re girls, so we already have that agreement that we will be each other’s bridesmaids, but it still hurts. I realise I’m probably being very selfish, but although I wish him well, I’m actually quite upset because it feels like our friendship doesn’t count for anything and I know that Halfpint feels the same. Goddammit, we once spent 24 hours on a Polish bus (without a working toilet) from London to Wroclaw to go and visit him. The least he could do is spare us a thought.

Once more with feeling: Hmmph.

4 Comments:

At 5:27 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

ouch, that does hurt.

 
At 8:11 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

Oooh. I think you have a right to feel insulted as that wasn't so kind. Of course he had a lot on his mind, etc., but postcards are cheap AND easy.

 
At 10:47 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

oh kellycat, please forgive me making an off topic comment but I found a blog with a post that may be of extreme interest to you and your previously mentioned 'bra' issues.

PixiesPlace


she even mentions the dreaded '4 boob' effect.

 
At 12:03 am, Blogger Meegan said...

I would feel hurt, too. But like you said, maybe he has a good reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home