January 03, 2006

Oi fatty!

OK. Weighed myself this morning and I was 10st 6lb (146lb/66.4kg). I am 5'4". I'm praying that a lot of that is water retention, as I am known to be part woman, part camel.

This is actually the largest I have been since I returned from Australia over five years ago. Need to be below 9st 7lb before holiday in March, as I cannot afford a complete replacement of my summer wardrobe. I refuse to buy a kaftan either.

And before I get loads of comments (please) telling me that I'm not actually that big, in my head I'm supposed to be skinnier than this, and I cannot bear the thought of wearing a bikini in my current wobbliness.

I think that the fact I am away on business tomorrow night and my colleague has booked a table at an Italian restaurant is not going to help me....

9 Comments:

At 7:21 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

well, i lost two stone in six months this time last year, and the first stone came off more quickly than the second, so i reckon march is no problem

and if i can be serious just briefly, weightwatchers online is tiptop (none of that church hall ritual humiliation nonsense)

oh, and i stomped around our local park a few times a week with a double buggy...want me to loan you the chicklets for a bit? they're very cute...

:)

 
At 4:05 am, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

You can do it by March!
not pimping my blog but I posted a picture of bad food and a picture of good food. In case you're having trouble remember what to avoid :-)

Now, if I could just find the energy to get on the treadmill. That's next on the agenda!

 
At 1:50 pm, Blogger Lee said...

I've wired the fridge door up to the mains.

And - if you don't get into your bikini - can I have it? :)

 
At 12:24 am, Blogger Meegan said...

Good luck! There's no reason you can't do it. Keep picturing that bikini.

 
At 11:43 am, Blogger Spinsterella said...

2 stone in six months UC?

Frig!

(If you're after diet tips I've always found Not Having a Car kept me pretty slinky)

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger frangelita said...

Tried to leave some witty comment on here earlier. Failed, abysmally. Have lurked a bit, like your blog and have now linked to you.

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

Thank you Frangelita, and welcome.

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

kellycat, how has the bike riding been going? You weren't run down were you?

 
At 12:28 am, Blogger Steve said...

You should just but two ponchos if you're that self conscious.

One for the top, one for round the waist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home