January 11, 2006

Oi! Slightly less fatty!

OK. One week in and I now weigh 10st 2lbs (142lbs/64.5kgs), which means I’ve managed to lose 4lbs. I was hoping that I’d have lost more, considering how hungry I am, but at least I’ve only got 10lbs more to lose. I’ve yet to watch this week’s episode of Paul McKenna, so hopefully I’ll be skinnier after I’ve watched that.

Part of my exercise regime has been scuppered because my Spanish class has been cancelled due to lack of numbers, so that’s a bike ride I won’t be doing on a Monday night. Which means I’m going to have to force myself to actually go out and do other exercising. My lack of fitness means that tomorrow night’s first training session for 5-a-side is going to be a hoot…

I managed to go to the gym last night but was very put off at the complete lack of any other fat people. For god’s sake it’s January. Everybody’s supposed to be fat. What do all these skinny people eat over Christmas?

As some psychological motivation I have divided my wardrobe into two sections: what currently fits me (20%) and what I need to slim into (80%). As I lose weight, hopefully more and more clothes will move over into the “what currently fits me” section. That’s the plan anyway.

By the way, did I mention I was hungry?

15 Comments:

At 3:05 pm, Blogger Wyndham said...

Go and order yourself some Tapas, girl, and kill two birds with one stone...

 
At 3:13 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

I was actually supposed to be going for tapas for luch today, but we run out of time to be able to order any food, so I've gone without any lunch at all.

I AM STARVING. Don't suppose you have a pack of butter going spare?

 
At 3:27 pm, Blogger Meegan said...

Congrats on your loss!!!

GO KELLYCAT!

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Yay!!! way to go kc. I'm impressed.

Hungry? Here....

*kyahgirl hurls bag of vegetables to kellycat*

 
At 4:10 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

by the way, I'm going by body mass index on my goals. I started at 28, and am now 26. aiming for 22.

I calculated yours...you went from 25 to 24 this week and it looks like you're heading for 22 too. I used the chart at this page. (just trying to be helpful:-))

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

Thanks for that. I've a body fat monitor at home as well. Duck got very upset to find out that his body fat percentage made him clinically obese, although he was reassured to find out that he was within the normal range for a woman of his age.

If we're honest, weight, BMI etc are just numbers. All we want is just to get into smaller clothes and not wobble.

 
At 6:26 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

yes, and to avoid the four breast, four butt cheeks effect!

 
At 8:42 pm, Blogger Urban Chick said...

ooh, i think we working towards the same goal - i'd like to get down to the weight which is your target

shall we start emailing each other and getting shirty if anyone eats a bacon butty? some people in the observer did this (so it must work)

:)

 
At 9:53 pm, Blogger Steve said...

Yes Mr. Paul Mckenna.

I've got a bolg post coming up about him. It's not very complimentary though.

I'm afraid he may have hypnoised the TV execs into giving him a TV show.

"Look into the eyes. Not around the eyes, in the eyes. Aaaaaand you're under. Give me a shoe"

Or indeed a show.

 
At 7:37 am, Blogger patroclus said...

Last year I lost a stone due to emotional trauma, and then another stone from walking at least two miles a day, every day, and cutting out wheat*. So those things are still my top three recommendations for sustained and highly satisfactory weight loss. Not sure how healthy the first one is, though.

* except at weekends, when I'm allowed almond croissants, provided I walk two miles to get them. Mmmm.

 
At 8:45 am, Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

>>All we want is just to get into smaller clothes and not wobble.>> Indeed. Am trying to get rid of the 'muffin top' look when I wear my jeans. And to be able to wear a lovely white belt a friend from the US bought me (used to be able to do it up - not a chance in hell anymore).

I'm avoiding the weigh-in at the moment (think it'll only demotivate me). What's the Paul McKenna programme? Any good?

4lbs is fabulous progress - keep it up!

 
At 10:57 am, Blogger surly girl said...

i lost 4lb too, but since i am much, much fatter than kc i still have a loooong way to go.

am starving. pats, chuck us an almond croissant, there's a love.

 
At 6:05 pm, Blogger Rick said...

today I've eaten, a bowl of frosties, a bacon sandwich, a roast beef dinner (with roast potatoes and broccoli) and a large snickers. and I haven't even had my dinner yet. Are you jealous? I'm making a point of telling everyone I know that's on a diet about everythng I eat. :-)

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger Whinger said...

Very impressed. I wish it were melting off me in imitation of you.

*Sigh.*

Hungry.

 
At 7:24 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

Rick B - I am not jealous because soon I will be skinny and fabulous and you'll have a figure to rival Johnny Vegas.

So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home