October 13, 2006

It's all me, me ,me.

Ever since our neighbours sold their gardens and the developers put a four bedroom detached behind our garden fence, Duck and I have been planning on moving. We don't want to move far, but just want somewhere a little bigger and where we won't be quite so overlooked.

I found out this week that a friend and colleague who lives near me is splitting up with her partner. My first thought was, "I wonder if they're going to be selling their three bed semi with the lovely big garden?".

Although this was followed quickly by "What a shame. I hope she's feeling OK", I still feel like a big selfish bitch.

I am the worst friend in the world.

9 Comments:

At 6:15 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

we won't tell a soul, honest.

 
At 6:16 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

I like your new template but where the hell is the rest of the stuff from before?

 
At 6:33 pm, Blogger Kellycat said...

It's all in the archives where it's always been...

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger Betty said...

You're only human ...

Mind you, better not say any more about being overlooked by neighbours - you might get that Too Much Grief bloke over here having a rant ;-)

 
At 6:51 pm, Blogger surly girl said...

yeah. you're probably in line for some saliva-flecked invective about yourself....

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger GreatSheElephant said...

sounds perfectly reasonable to me

 
At 7:13 pm, Blogger G said...

Don't blame you - who wants to be loomed over? Oh and you're not a bad friend, thinking of it as trying to help her out of a bad situation.

Came here from First Nations place. I can relate to this talk of semi and detached homes as I live in Queens, NYC which was apprently modeled in part after neighborhoods in England. Nice place you have here.

 
At 1:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and love it. Glad you started again (even though I didn't know you stopped). You funny lady!

 
At 2:10 pm, Blogger Tom Chivers said...

At least you didn't think - "Now he's single!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home