January 25, 2007

For crying out Aloud!*

I am aware that when stressed I have a tendency to chew my lip. I also have a tendency, when stressed, to swear a lot and huff and puff. I have also been known to grind my teeth.

I think most people, both professionals and laymen, will agree that, in times of stress, such characteristics are quite normal, and to some extent, expected.

I have been very, very stressed today. Not only am I in the middle of trying to sell a house and waiting to find out if I've got the job I was recently interviewed for but today everything went tits up in the job that I'm currently doing. In the middle of trying to organise three different projects, something else have gone disastrously, horribly wrong. It was all out of our control and we are currently doing damage limitation, but it still means a lot more work and a good few weekends in the office for the next month or so.

Today I am aware that I have developed a new manifestation of my stress. I have been singing Girls Aloud, out loud, for most of the day. This is not just an earworm matter, as it has not been restricted to just one song, but most of their back catalogue. Admittedly, each performance has had a very irritated, if not aggressive quality to it**, but I'm not aware of this being a usual and recognised symptom of stress.

Is anybody able to assure me that this will pass, or should I start hanging a sign saying "Do Not Approach" around my neck?

*Sub-editors from The Sun, please feel free to contact me at the usual address for permission.

**Partly from the stress I am already under, and partly from the fact that I am actually conscious that I am doing this, and therefore getting even more stressed and....

3 Comments:

At 9:22 pm, Blogger LC said...

Get a webcam and sign up to YouTube - we need to see your rendition of Love Machine.

 
At 7:26 am, Blogger Kellycat said...

You're not helping.

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger LC said...

I try my best not to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home